Content Writer Intern
We are looking for a bright, motivated and tech-savvy Content Writer Intern to join our team!
The role will support the Director of Content and Senior Management to deliver rich, relevant and inspiring written content across all channels of the business.
Our Content Writer intern should have meticulous written English and be able to write clearly and concisely, taking complex ideas and turning them into business-friendly copy. He/She should be a detail oriented person with exceptional organisational skills and a proactive, problem solving approach to all tasks. He/She should have strong research and data analysis skills along with a keen creative eye.
We are looking for someone with strong communication skills who is energetic and reflects our 'Make it Happen' attitude!
- Offer continuous support to the Director of Content and Senior Management with varied content writing related tasks
- Be able to take direction well and to write clearly, concisely and turn complex ideas into business-friendly copy.
- Confidently take a brief and write Version 1 Copy for varied types of marketing collateral such as brochures, guides, presentations, emails, Ads, Blog posts etc
- Provide support in proofreading and editing of copy across the business and ensure that all copy that is being published is meticulously checked for any errors.
- Transcribe videos and turn them into interesting and informative blog posts.
- Add subtitles to videos ensuring all language, tone and wording is accurate.
- Research content related topics and industry and tech advancements to be able to make improvements in the way we work.
- Understand what ‘good looks like’ in terms of outputs for copy, ensuring quality of our work is of the highest standards.
- Communicate effectively across the business to gather required inputs on a regular basis for Social Media, the AstroLabs Blog (Foresight) and the monthly Newsletter.
- Communicate regularly with the Social Media Manager to ensure she has support where required on any Social Media copy tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization skills with the ability to take ownership of tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to transform complex thoughts and ideas into clear, concise, corporate copy
- Hands on, proactive approach to tasks
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office programs
- Fluent in English (other languages is a plus)
- Up-to-date with Social Media trends
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic and empathy
Please submit a portfolio or examples of any of your written work.