Head of Content (Lebanon/Dubai)
AstroLabs is on a mission to develop the digital ecosystem of the MENA region. Since 2013, we have upskilled thousands of alumni and partnered with the largest organizations in the region to enable their digital transformations. From broad-scale enterprise training to managed incubators and accelerators, we design and deploy custom programs for corporates, universities, and government entities. AstroLabs is also growing the innovation economy in the region by supporting hundreds of global ventures and entrepreneurs with local business licensing and coworking at our network of collaborative spaces in the UAE and Saudi Arabia.
As our new Head of Content at AstroLabs, you will manage all of our written and visual content production across product lines. You have experience leading high-performance teams that include graphic designers, writers and video producers. You are process-oriented, have worked in a high-output environment and are passionate about producing amazing content that makes an impact. You have an attention to detail that borders on obsessive and an incredible sense of design.
With ambitious plans to expand our library of professionally-recorded AstroLabs Academy course material and an increasing volume of written pieces across our lines of business, this is a critical role that will impact the entire business. If you are excited about this challenge and have the right mix of being a roll-up-your-sleeves editor with managing processes across teams to ensure high quality content production, then please apply to join our team today.
- Editor-in-Chief of our written content
- Sourcing and managing experienced contract writers to produce high-impact pieces
- Responsible for ensuring all copy across our digital assets (website, newsletters, press releases, marketing communications, etc.) is written according to the AstroLabs voice and at a high quality standard
- Own the AstroLabs Newsletter publishing: coordinating with different stakeholders to send one of the most interesting and engaging newsletters around
- Own the content calendar for: blog posts, newsletters, website updates, etc.
- Lead video production
- Responsible for the managing and execution of video recording of our classes, meetups, and testimonials
- Build in-house video production capability as well as manage out-sourced support that can be used for Academy course content, marketing campaigns and social media
- Educational Content Production
- Support the Academy teams in the production of outstanding learning content, in-line with our focus on clarity, practicality, interactivity and retention.
- Graphics team management
- Manage in-house Graphic Design Lead by structuring projects, giving constructive feedback to his work and ensuring continual learning and growth
- Work with freelancers and interns as needed to increase graphics output
- Own the generation, curation, storage, access and support for our digital assets such as photos, graphics, videos, templates, etc.
- Managing social media presence
- Manage our AstroLabs Social Media Lead to ensure that a full content calendar is set, posts follow a common voice and the entire team is aligned around the content being shared across all channels
- Plan social media content calendar around relevant product themes
- Support our public relations efforts by curating top content from the team and help to place it in influential channels
- Maintain relationships with key media counterparts and proactively position AstroLabs in these publications
- Generate and distribute press releases for announcements with the support of the team
- Develop and execute a content strategy that resonates with our values and methodology
- Develop an updated brand voice, tone, perspective, and messaging across channels and contexts.
- Champion new content media relevant to our mission (Podcasts, Webinars etc.)
- Experience managing a high-performance multidimensional content team across graphics, video and written copy
- Excellent written communication skills with experience in efficiently producing clear, direct business writing (English is mandatory, Arabic is a plus)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and coordinate inputs from many stakeholders
- Obsessed with quality outputs and highly attentive to details
- Experienced in creating compelling messages for different audiences through different platforms or channels
- Outstanding time-management and organization skills to effectively oversee multiple initiatives with different teams (both externally and internally)
- Ability to work under pressure and to manage deadlines